GlutenFreegan Easy Pear and Blackberry Cobbler
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
For the cobbler topping:
200g (half a pouch) GlutenFreegan vanilla cake mix (reseal the pouch to make another cobbler or 6 delicious cupcakes with the remaining mix)
120g demerara sugar
120g cold dairy free spread (plus extra for greasing)
For the cobbler filling:
700g tinned pears, chopped into bite-sized pieces
20 blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1) Grease a casserole dish or baking pan and pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f/gas 4. A 9 inch by 13 inch pan will work but this recipe is forgiving and will fit different sizes and shapes. You could even do mini-cobblers in small ramekins.
2) Layer all the fruit in your baking dish.
3) In a mixing bowl, bring together the GlutenFreegan vanilla cake mix, spread and sugar until well combined.
4) Drop dollops of the cobbler topping mixture onto the fruit. Don't worry if it's not all completely covered but try to distribute it evenly.
5) Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.