GlutenFreegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Buns
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
1/2 pouch GlutenFreegan vanilla cake mix
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
70g apple sauce
75g dairy free spread
1oz (30ml) water
6 tsp raspberry jam (or whatever flavour you prefer)
6 tsp peanut butter
1) Preheat the oven to gas 4/180C/160 fan. Line a bun tin with paper cases or grease well.
2) Remembering to halve the ingredients, prepare half of the vanilla cake mix into batter as per the instructions on the packet. Reseal the packet to use the rest of the vanilla cake mix at another time. The measurements are listed above in this recipe.
3) Put a tablespoon of batter into each bun case.
4) Put half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each bun case.
5) On top of the peanut butter, put half a teaspoon of jam on top of the peanut butter.
6) Cover the peanut butter and jam with another tablespoon of batter.
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the buns are golden.